The REACH Educational Grant Program® provides winning employees with college tuition assistance, reimbursement for qualifying education expenses and access to discounted textbooks*. RGMs, AUMs, Shift Supervisors and Team Members at participating restaurants with a 2.5 GPA or higher are eligible to apply. There is no waiting period.
- Selected managers receive $3,000; eligible previous REACH Grant recipients receive $2,500; first-time winners receive $2,000.
- There are TWO chances to apply each year; the current application periods are:
- August 1 – September 27, 2018
- February 1 – March 28, 2019
- If you are selected to win in the spring round, you are not eligible to apply again during the fall round. Likewise, if you aren’t selected as a winner in the spring, you may apply again in the fall.
- Employees may apply and receive funds every calendar year.
- No mandatory essay.
- No citizenship or income information is collected.
- GPA is not a selection criteria.
*For recipients who choose this option
Applicants for the REACH Educational Grant must:
- Be a KFC U.S. Restaurant employee (Restaurant General Managers, Assistant Managers, Shift Supervisors, and Team Members may apply)
- Be a high school senior, high school graduate (or equivalent) or college undergraduate, graduate, or trade/vocational school student (students of any age may apply)
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Be employed at a KFC U.S. restaurant that is participating in the KFC Foundation’s 2018 Cole Slaw Donation Program (All KFC Company Restaurants are in the program-not all franchisee-owned restaurants participate)
- Enroll either full-time or part-time in the 2019 spring term and earn a minimum of 12 credit hours during the 2018-19 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or trade/vocational school
- Be employed at a participating KFC restaurant at the time that REACH Grant recipients are announced in late November 2018
1. Click the “Apply Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/KFCREACH (program key KFCREACH) to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password
2. Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome page of the KFC Foundation’s REACH Educational Grant application
3. Complete all required fields in the online application and upload any required documents (such as GED Certificate, high school transcript, college transcript and/or ACT/SAT scores)
4. Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application
NOTE: The status Complete will display on your AIM Home page when all forms have been submitted and all documents have been verified. Applicants are responsible for monitoring the progress of all application requirements to make sure their application is complete by 11:59 pm PT on September 27. Late submissions will not be considered.
For assistance with the application process:
Click the “Program FAQ” button below to learn more about the program and get answers to commonly asked questions.
Connect with the KFC Foundation on Facebook and Instagram: