- Tuition Assistance Amounts
- Eligibility Requirements
- Eligible Fields of Study
- Program Lifecycle
- Tutorial Videos
What is Career Choice?
Are you looking to advance your career or make a switch to a field that you’ve dreamed of but never had the chance to pursue? If the answer is YES, then you’re in the right place! The Amazon Career Choice Program helps you get the skills necessary for a high-demand field that you’re passionate about, whether that’s at Amazon or elsewhere. And Amazon pre-pays 95% of tuition and associated fees (up to yearly maximum) upfront!
What does the Career Choice Program Offer?
Whether you choose to stay with Amazon or not, we want to help you reach your career goals!
Here’s how Career Choice works: The Amazon Career Choice Program will pre-pay 95% of tuition and associated fees (up to yearly maximum) for courses at accredited schools that lead to vocational certifications or two-year degrees in high-demand fields. These fields include: Commercial Truck Driving (CDL), Information Technology & Computer Science, Mechanical and Skilled Trades and Healthcare. In addition, Amazon will reimburse 95% for all course related textbooks.
See for yourself how Career Choice works for an associate just like you!
What is the exact amount the Career Choice Program will pay for tuition?
•$3,000 per rolling 12 month period for full-time employees; $1,500 per rolling 12 month period for class Q regular part-time employees
•Available for four consecutive years up to a maximum of $12,000 for full-time and $6,000 for class Q regular part-time employees
•95% of tuition and fees may be prepaid to the school
•95% reimbursement of required books
How do I know if I am eligible for the Career Choice Program?
All Amazon and Subsidiary* active benefits-eligible hourly (non-exempt) associates in the U.S. who have been employed as full-time, regular (blue badge) employees for at least one continuous year are eligible to participate in this program. In addition, active regular part-time hourly field associates (20-29 hours per week) who have been employed for one continuous year.
*Eligible Subsidiaries include: A100, A2Z, A9, Brilliance, ComiXology, CreateSpace, Fabric.com, Goodreads, Quidsi, Shoefitr and Shopbop.
What areas of study are eligible for the Career Choice Program?
Here’s are some examples of study areas that are eligible for the Career Choice Program. Click on the categories below to explore these fields and find a program or course that interests you!
Administration & Paralegals
Paralegal and Legal Assistants
Commercial Truck Driving
Commercial Truck Driving (CDL)
Certified Nursing Assistant
Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technician
Occupational Therapy Assistants
Physical Therapy Assistant
Information Technology & Computer Sciences
Computer User Support Specialist
Information Security Analyst
Mechanical & Skilled Trades
Construction and Building Technician
Electronics Engineering Technician
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Transportation & Logistics
What is Career Choice like from start to finish?
Here are some key steps that you will encounter during the Career Choice Program. Click on the categories below to learn more about each step in the process!
• Review the Eligible Fields of Study to find a field you are passionate about
• Research the benefits of certain fields i.e., career options, pay, work environment etc.
• Research schools in your area that offer the desired field of study
• Career Choice offers prepayment or reimbursement – Find program costs and balance finances to utilize the two payment options (see Tuition Assistance Amounts)
• Call or visit the school of interest to get more information
• Schedule advising appointments
• Register for assessment testing if required for your program
• Submit student application for desired school
• Apply for the Career Choice Program (click here to apply)
• Register for classes that best suit your schedule and align with field of study
• Update ISTS application with your classes to be paid or reimbursed
• Purchase books requested by classes
• Speak with HR and Manager for any school accommodations requests
• Submit reimbursement form for books and associated fees
• Look into school resources i.e., advising, study groups, computer labs, etc.
• Study and maintain sufficient grade report
• If more classes are required, register for following quarter
• If finishing a program, seek college/career advising for next steps in career opportunities
• Spread the word about Career Choice to peers!
• Apply for degree with the school
• Submit certificate of completion with ISTS
• Explore job opportunities with Amazon and outside Amazon to put new skills to use
• Talk with HR, Manager and school career services for next steps in career options
• Consider the benefits of The Offer
Watch these short demo videos to understand the Career Choice application process!
Field of Study
Please Note: The following video tutorial does not reflect a change in the online process, effective 7/6/2016. When completing Step 2: Reimbursement of expenses for previously approved course(s) and required text books, associates may now select the course(s) for which he or she would like to receive reimbursement from a pre-populated table of eligible courses.
Verification of Program Completion
E-mail Address: AmazonCareerChoice-USA@applyISTS.com
Toll-Free Phone #: 866-795-4891