The REACH Educational Grant Program® helps employees at participating KFC® U.S. restaurants pursue their dreams of going to college. Employees of any age, any position, pursuing any degree can receive money to help them attend the accredited four-year or two-year college of their choice. The money can also be used at trade/vocational schools and for graduate study.
We’ve overhauled the REACH Program this year to make it easier for restaurant employees to get the college tuition funds they need! RGMs are now eligible to apply, but we’ve done so much more to make the entire process easier. See below for more details on everything that’s new for 2017!
The REACH Educational Grant Program® now provides college tuition assistance to ALL restaurant employees at participating restaurants! Any RGM, AUM, Shift Supervisor or Team Member can apply.
- Managers who are selected will receive $3,000 for the 2017-18 academic year. Previous REACH Grant recipients will receive $2,500 (as long as they meet the minimum 2.5 GPA) and first-time winners will receive $2,000.
- Each restaurant position is a separate category, so there is no competition between you and your team. Everyone can benefit!
This year’s application is much faster and easier.
- The essay has been eliminated.
- GPA is no longer part of the selection criteria, which means once the minimum 2.5 for eligibility is met, grade point average does not affect an applicant’s chances of being selected.
- No citizenship or income information is collected.
There are now TWO chances to apply! First window: February 1 through March 30. Second window: August 1 through September 28.
Applicants for the REACH Educational Grant must:
- Be a KFC U.S. Restaurant employee (Restaurant General Managers, Assistant Managers, Shift Supervisors, and Team Members may apply)
- Be a high school senior, high school graduate (or equivalent) or college undergraduate, graduate, or trade/vocational school student (students of any age may apply)
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Be employed at a KFC U.S. restaurant that is participating in the Kentucky Fried Chicken Foundation’s 2017 Cole Slaw Donation Program (All KFC Company Restaurants are in the program-not all franchisee-owned restaurants participate)
- Have worked a minimum of six months within the KFC system (includes KFC multi-brand restaurants) as of the application deadline of September 28, 2017
- Enroll either full-time or part-time in the 2018 spring term and earn a minimum of 12 credit hours during the 2017-18 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or trade/vocational school
- Be employed at a KFC restaurant at the time that REACH Grant recipients are announced in November 2017
1. Click the “Apply Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/KFCREACH (program key KFCREACH) to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password
2. Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome page of the Kentucky Fried Chicken Foundation’s REACH Educational Grant application
3. Complete all required fields in the online application and upload any required documents (such as GED Certificate, high school transcript, college transcript and/or ACT/SAT scores)
4. Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application
NOTE: The status Complete will display on your AIM Home Page when all forms have been submitted and all documents have been verified. Applicants are responsible for monitoring the progress of all application requirements to make sure their application is complete by 11:59 pm PT on September 28. Late submissions will not be considered.
The fall 2017 KFC Reach Educational Grant application has closed. The spring 2017 application window will be from February 1 – March 29, 2018.
For assistance with the application process:
Click the “Program FAQ” button below to learn more about the program and get answers to commonly asked questions.
Connect with the KFC Foundation on Facebook: