The REACH Educational Grant Program® helps employees at participating KFC® U.S. restaurants pursue their dreams of going to college. Employees of any age, any position, pursuing any degree can receive money to help them attend the accredited four-year or two-year college of their choice. The money can also be used at trade/vocational schools and for graduate study.
For 2018, we have removed the 6 month minimum employment requirement. So, any active employee at a participating restaurant is eligible to apply. See below for more details on everything that will continue in 2018!
The REACH Educational Grant Program® now provides college tuition assistance to ALL restaurant employees at participating restaurants! Any RGM, AUM, Shift Supervisor or Team Member can apply.
- Managers who are selected will receive $3,000 for the 2018-19 academic year. Previous REACH Grant recipients will receive $2,500 (as long as they meet the minimum 2.5 GPA) and first-time winners will receive $2,000.
- The application is short and sweet – No mandatory essay!
- There are TWO chances to apply:
- February 1 – March 29, 2018
- August 1 – September 27, 2018
- If you are selected to win in the first round, you are not eligible to apply again during the second round. Likewise, if you aren’t selected as a winner from the first application, you may apply again in the fall.
- GPA is not part of the selection criteria, which means once the minimum 2.5 for eligibility is met, grade point average does not affect an applicant’s chances of being selected.
- No citizenship or income information is collected.
Applicants for the REACH Educational Grant must:
- Be a KFC U.S. Restaurant employee (Restaurant General Managers, Assistant Managers, Shift Supervisors, and Team Members may apply)
- Be a high school senior, high school graduate (or equivalent) or college undergraduate, graduate, or trade/vocational school student (students of any age may apply)
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
- Be employed at a KFC U.S. restaurant that is participating in the Kentucky Fried Chicken Foundation’s 2018 Cole Slaw Donation Program (All KFC Company Restaurants are in the program-not all franchisee-owned restaurants participate)
- Enroll either full-time or part-time in the 2018 fall term and earn a minimum of 12 credit hours during the 2018-19 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or trade/vocational school
- Be employed at a KFC restaurant at the time that REACH Grant recipients are announced in late May 2018
1. Click the “Apply Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/KFCREACH (program key KFCREACH) to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password
2. Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome page of the KFC Foundation’s REACH Educational Grant application
3. Complete all required fields in the online application and upload any required documents (such as GED Certificate, high school transcript, college transcript and/or ACT/SAT scores)
4. Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application
NOTE: The status Complete will display on your AIM Home page when all forms have been submitted and all documents have been verified. Applicants are responsible for monitoring the progress of all application requirements to make sure their application is complete by 11:59 pm PT on September 27. Late submissions will not be considered.
The fall 2018 application window will be from August 1 – September 27, 2018.
For assistance with the application process:
Click the “Program FAQ” button below to learn more about the program and get answers to commonly asked questions.
Connect with the KFC Foundation on Facebook: