Thank you for your interest in The Chubb Foundation Scholarship program!
The Chubb Foundation was founded in 1953 by Hendon Chubb, the youngest son of the founder of the Chubb organization. Devoted to his family, and well-known for his pioneering philanthropic activities in support of education, Hendon Chubb established the Foundation to provide scholarships to deserving students in the families of qualified Chubb employees. We encourage every qualified sponsor to urge college-bound family members to apply for a Chubb Foundation scholarship. Since scholarships are awarded each year to up to 25% of all new applicants, the more applications we receive, the more awards we can grant. To date, thousands of scholarships have been awarded because of the generosity and insight of Hendon Chubb.
The selection committee will also award one-time additional scholarships to three Chubb scholars based on the criteria below:
- The Benton Scholar award will be given to the US scholar who demonstrates the most outstanding commitment to community service. The Benton Scholar winner will receive an additional one-time award of $3,000 toward college costs.
- The Kathryn Hosie Scholar award will be given to the applicant who will be attending college/university in the US and demonstrates the most outstanding academic achievement. The Kathryn Hosie Scholar award winner will receive an additional one-time award of $3,000 toward college costs.
- The Hendon Chubb award will be given to the International scholar who demonstrates the most outstanding commitment to community service. The Hendon Scholar winner will receive an additional one-time award of $3,000 USD toward college costs.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a high school senior/last year secondary school student or a current undergraduate who plans to enroll or is enrolled in any full-time, accredited school located in any country in the next academic year. (The scholarship is not available for a second undergraduate degree or Master or Doctoral degrees.)
- Have a parent/guardian or grandparent (sponsor) who has been employed full-time or part-time by Chubb or one of its principal subsidiaries for at least three continuous years as of the application deadline. Part-time employees must have completed a minimum of 1,000 hours of annual employment.
- Have a parent/guardian or grandparent (sponsor) who retired from Chubb or one of its principal subsidiaries at age 55 or older with 10 years of eligible Chubb employment. In addition, a qualified sponsor may have experienced job elimination at age 50 or older with 25 years of service.
November 30, 2021: Application Opens
January 31, 2022: Application Deadline
March 13, 2022: Semi-Finalists Notified
April 4, 2022: Semi-Finalist Application Deadline
April 2022: Scholarship Recipients Notified
July/August and/or November 2022: Scholarship Payments Issued
- Click the “Apply Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net/Chubb (program key Chubb) to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password
- Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome page of The Chubb Foundation Scholarship application
- Complete all required fields in the online application and upload any required documents (such as high school/college transcript, test scores and Student Aid Report)
- Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application
The application period is now closed.
Need Assistance? ISTS Program Support is available Monday-Friday 7am-7pm and Saturday 9am-6pm Central.
Toll-Free Phone: (866) 258-0836
Web: Online Contact Form
Recipients who are estimated to have more than one semester left to complete their degree will be granted a renewal. The amount of total renewals available will be based on the number of academic years the student has left to earn their degree as determined by the scholarship committee. Recipients must enroll as a full-time student (24 credit hours per year) and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) to be eligible for renewal.
March 1, 2022: Renewal Form Opens
June 1, 2022: Renewal Form Deadline
TBD: Recipients Notified of Renewal Decision
July/August and/or November 2022: Renewal Payments Issued
- Click the “Renew Now” button (below) or go to https://aim.applyISTS.net and log into your account
- On your Home page under Applications, locate the Chubb Foundation Scholarship program box which includes the year you were originally awarded
- Under Additional Forms, locate the Renewal Form link
- Click on the link to be taken directly to the form
- Complete all required fields and upload your required documentation
- Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the form