NAMAD and CDK are committed to helping build resilient leaders as well as a strong pipeline of minority talent for the next generation. The Fueling Careers Scholarship Program, sponsored by CDK Global, is designed to help ethnic minority high school students get the edge they need to fuel their educations, their goals and their careers. NAMAD members have the opportunity to select a dealership manager with a high school senior to participate in the program.
Up to five $10,000 scholarships will be awarded each year to high school seniors entering an accredited college or university that satisfy all eligibility requirements. The scholarship is awarded to those students recognized as having a financial need and the grit, potential and ambition to seek higher education.
Scholarship applications will ONLY be accepted through the online application process with an approved NAMAD member sponsor.
The Fueling Careers Scholarship Program is designed to help ethnic minority high school students obtain the edge they need to fuel their educations, their goals, and their careers. By fueling the careers of bright minds, CDK and NAMAD are promoting the development of future leaders.
We hope that the financial support these scholarships provide will help ambitious young men and women pursue educational goals that will prepare them for meaningful and productive professional careers — which will enhance their lifestyles and enable them to make significant contributions to society.
Selection of ten award finalists is performed by an independent vendor, International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS). The final five award recipients are then chosen by the Fueling Careers Scholarship Committee consisting of CDK and NAMAD members. Awardees are high school seniors, graduating from a school in the U.S., who have achieved a balance of academics, leadership and civic involvement. In the committee’s evaluation of these characteristics, they will study the applicant’s academic record, scholastic achievement, leadership, community service and citizenship, character and personal responsibility. Decisions of the committee are final and not subject to appeal.
In order to be eligible for a Fueling Careers Scholarship, an applicant must:
1. Be a minority high school senior who plans to attend an accredited college/university in fall 2020
2. Have a parent employed by a NAMAD dealership
3. Be sponsored by a current NAMAD member
Recipients are required to provide a professional photo and permit the marketing of their awarded scholarship through social media and other marketing channels. Recipients and/or their parents may also be asked to accept the award in person during the NAMAD conference held in mid-July each year. Scholarship checks are issued in mid-August and sent directly to each recipient’s home address.
Every applicant must be sponsored by a NAMAD member. You will need to enter the name of your NAMAD sponsor in your application before submitting.
Sponsorship Process for NAMAD Members:
1. Click the “Sponsor Now” button below to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password
2. Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the NAMAD Fueling Careers Sponsorship form
3. Complete all required fields in the online form and click the Save/Submit button
The 2020 sponsorship period is January 3 – July 1, 2020.
Questions about the sponsorship process? Visit the Support tab for ISTS Program Support contact information.
1. Click the “Apply Now” button below to create an AIM account using your e-mail address and chosen password
2. Log in to your AIM account to be taken directly to the Welcome page of the CDK/NAMAD Fueling Careers Scholarship application
3. Complete all required fields in the online application and upload your most recent high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores
4. Request a recommendation from a school representative (such as your high school principal, teacher or counselor) using the tool within the online application
5. Click the Submit button on the Save/Submit page of the online application
NOTE: The status Complete will display on your AIM Home page when all forms have been submitted and all documents have been verified. Applicants are responsible for monitoring the progress of all application requirements to make sure their application is complete by 11:59 pm PT on April 2. Late submissions will not be considered.
The 2020 application period is January 3 – July 1, 2020.
For assistance with the application process:
E-mail ISTS Program Support: ContactUs@applyISTS.com
Call ISTS Program Support: (855) 670-ISTS (4787)
ISTS Program Support is available Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (CST)
Click the “Program FAQ” button below to learn more about the program and get answers to commonly asked questions.