Your child’s future looks bright!
We’re looking for the next generation of makers and dreamers – students who work hard, dream big and serve others, and who want to make the world a better place.
As an associate of Kroger, we value your commitment to hard work – for your family, our customers and the community we share. To thank you, The Kroger Co. Foundation is awarding $2,500 scholarships to students who are passionate about making a difference in the community.
THE 2021-22 APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED.
- Scholarships are open to natural, legally adopted children or stepchildren of eligible associates across the company, including Kroger Retail Divisions (excluding Harris Teeter), Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Kroger Technology and Digital, 84.51°, RASC, KASH, Kroger Health and General Office.
- Eligible associates must have two years of continuous service at Kroger as of March 24, 2021. Full- or part-time associates must have worked a minimum of 1,000 hours in the prior year. Children of Vice Presidents or above should not apply. Children of the board of directors of The Kroger Co. Foundation should not apply.
- Applicants must be 25 years of age or younger, a high school senior, or currently enrolled in college or vocational school.
- The student must meet one of the following:
- Live in the same household as the associate parent/stepparent;
- Be supported primarily by the associate parent/stepparent;
- Receive health insurance through the associate parent/stepparent; or
- Be claimed by the associate parent/stepparent as a dependent on taxes.
- If an associate has more than one eligible child, each child may apply for a scholarship.
Please Note: A student who is a current employee of Kroger is not eligible unless he/she also have a parent/stepparent who is an associate.
- The scholarship must be used for full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or technical/vocational school.
- This award is not renewable; however, a student who receives a scholarship may re-apply each year they remain eligible.
- Any student who is not selected may reapply each year they remain eligible.
- The majority of scholarships will be awarded to children of hourly associates if enough applications are submitted.
- College Freshman: Always required – Applicant’s choice of High School Transcript, ACT Scores or SAT Scores and personal essay
- College Sophomore, Junior or Senior: Always required – College Transcript and personal essay
- Photo (may be required during acceptance for recipients only)
- Video (may be required during acceptance for recipients only)
The Kroger Co. Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
ISTS Program Support is available Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM Central, to assist students of Kroger associates with the scholarship application process.
Phone: (888) 249-4207
Program Key: KrogerScholars
Find out more about Kroger Scholars and frequently asked questions below.